Krishi Vigyan Kendra
The Krishi Vigyan Kendra (Farm Science Centre) an innovative science–based institution was established to accelerate the agricultural production and also to improve the socio-economic conditions of the farming community of Lucknow district. This Kendra was transferred to Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research on dated 25 October 1999. Aim of KVK is accelerate agricultural production and allied activities for improving the economic status of the agrarian community. The concept of vocational training programme in agriculture through KVK grew substantially due to greater demand for improved/agriculture technology by the farmers. The farmers require not only the knowledge and understanding of intricacy of technologies, but also progressively more and more skills in various complex agricultural adoptions on their farms. The effectiveness of the KVK was further enhanced by the adding the activities related to on-farm testing and front line demonstration on major agricultural technologies in order to make the training of farmers’ location specific, need based and resource orientated. It run the need based skill oriented training programme for creating job opportunities for rural community. It also acts as a facilitator to coordinate the extension activities of different line departments for the benefit of the farmers.KVK also coordinate in disseminating sugarcane based production technologies in neighboring KVKs. KVK was designed to impart the latest knowledge to the farmers through work experiences by applying the principles of “Teaching by Doing and Learning by Doing”.
KVK, Lucknow is located at a distance of 5 kms from Charbagh railway station and 10Km. from airport towards Raibareli road (NH 24B) in Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research campus (ICAR).
Vision and Mission
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, IISR, Lucknow aims to be serve the leading agricultural technologies to farming community.
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, IISR,Lucknow delivers demand driven agricultural services by qualified professionals.
- Assessment, refinement and demonstration of technologies/products.
Major Thrust Area
|Pegion Pea and Field Pea||Integrated Crop Management and Introduction of HYV|
|Wheat in Zero tillage||Resource Conservation Technology in paddy-wheat system|
|Mustard and Sesame||Integrated crop management and Integrated pest management|
|Barseem, Sorghum and Fodder beet||Commercial green fodder production and fodder seed production|
|Wheat||Varietal Evaluation /Introduction of HYV, Quality seed production|
|Livestock Production & Mgt||Use of mineral mixture in animal ration, deworming and Vaccination against H.S., B.Q. & FMD. Diseases for hea improving the milk production and good health|
|Vegetable Pea and Okra||Integrated Nutrient Management and Integrated Pest Management|
|Potato||Integrated Crop Management and Integrated Disease Management and Introduction of processing varieties (Chips, French fries and Aloo ki bhujia & papar)|
|Mango||ICM/ Integrated Nutrient Management//IPM|
Staff of KVK
- Dr. S.N.Singh, Principal Scientist & Incharge (KVK) (0522-2998036; +91-9451914542)
- Dr. (Mrs.) Vineeka Singh, SMS (Home Science) (+91-9456709229)
- Dr. Deepak Rai, SMS (Plant Protection) (+91-9451189312)
- Dr. Rakesh Kumar Singh, SMS (Animal Science) (+91-9415577915)
- Dr. Vivekanand Singh, SMS (Horticulture) (+91-7703042517)
- Dr. Y. P. Singh, SMS (Ag. Extension) (+91-9473606170)
- Mr. Dhirendra Pratap Singh, Stenographer (+91-9026317652)
- Mr.Anoop Chand Kol, Supporting staff
Project: Continuation Strengthening and Establishment of Krishi Vigyan Kendras(KVKs)
- Introduced tissue culture banana in Lucknow district.
- Introduced intercropping of vegetables under banana cultivation in Lucknow district.
- Popularized late wheat sown with zero tilled cum seed/ferti- drill machine at large scale.
- Popularized improved and latest variety of wheat under rice–wheat cropping system
- Popularized improved variety of oilseeds and pluses crops
- Introduced processing varieties of potato at farmers field, presently, about 75% area of potato acreage have been covered with processing varieties
- Popularized of nutritional kitchen garden at farmer’s field.
- Popularized fruit fly management in mango crop.
- Value addition of horticultural crops through making pickles, murabba, squash, candy, chutteny, sauce, chips, french fries etc.
- Introduced sugarbeet as a fodder crop among milch animals
- Popularized hybrid varieties of paddy
- Introduction of Exotic vegetable cultivation in Lucknow district.
- Introduction of intercropping of elephant foot yam and turmeric under mango orchard.
- Off season vegetable cultivation under protected condition.
- Introduction of improved handy tools for drudgery reduction of farmwomen.
- Popularization of newly developed technology of agriculture among farmers.
- Production and popularization of Pashu Chokolet among progressive dairy farmers
- Coordination among KVKs of same agro-climatic condition to disseminate the new technologies of sugarcane cultivation.
- Vermicompost Unit
- Technology Park
- Pashu Chokolate Production Unit
- Nutritional Kitchen Garden