Committed for an efficient, globally competitive and vibrant sugarcane agriculture
Objectives of ASTI
The objects of the Association shall be any or all of the following:
- To promote the increase of knowledge of the science and practice of Sugarcane Technology for persons following or studying for the profession and other kindred braches of science.
- To grant certificates of competency in professional knowledge by issuing certificates for membership of the grades of Associates and Fellows either by election or by examination or otherwise.
- To provide opportunities for exchange of knowledge amongst the members and to give facilities for reading of papers and delivery of lectures on subjects interesting to the profession, and for the acquisition and dissemination of information connected with and useful to the profession by holding scientific discourses, conventions, seminars or symposia, by conducting study tours, by sponsoring delegation and taking part in conferences or conventions in India or abroad.
- To establish and maintain a library and to print, publish and circulate papers, books, journals, magazines, periodicals and other technical scientific literature and matter connected with the profession.
- To look after the interests of the members of the Association,, to bring about a standard of professional conduct, to maintain an employment and better employment conditions and to strive for general betterment of their knowledge.
- To accept any request, gift and/or donation whatsoever from India or abroad (whether of money or of property) and to apply the same of proceeds of sale or realisation thereof for the purpose of the Association.
- To serve as an authoritative professional body on all matters pertaining to the profession of Sugarcane Technology.
- To borrow or raise any money required for the purpose of the Association upon such terms and in such manner and on such securities as may be determined, and in particular by a mortgage, charge or lien on the Association’s properties or by the issue of debentures or debenture stocks charged upon, all or any, of the property of the Association.
- To do all other acts, matters and things that may assist in, be conducive to, or be necessary for the fulfillment of the above objects of the Association.